If you love baked potatoes then this Leftover Mashed Potato Pizza is a must try. This recipe is an easy way to use leftover mashed potatoes to make another meal. This pizza is salty, creamy, crunchy and sure to be a crowd pleaser.
How to Make Leftover Mashed Potato Pizza
This Leftover Mashed Potato Pizza recipe is really easy to make! To start you will need a pre-baked pizza crust. This can be one you make at home or a pre-baked crust bought from the grocery store.
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then, top the pizza crust with the leftover mashed potatoes. Spread them evenly over the crust. Next, sprinkle with your favorite shredded cheese and chopped cooked bacon. Then, if desired add pizza seasoning or oregano.
Bake the pizza at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and the potatoes are warmed through. Once pizza is cooked, remove from oven and optionally top with sour cream and chives (to make it even more like a baked potato). Serve immediately.
More Leftover Mashed Potato Recipes
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Mashed Potato Fritters by Babaganosh
- Everything Mashed Potato Flatbread Recipe by Officially Gluten Free
- Mashed Potato Nuggets by High Chair Chronicles
- Leftover Mashed Potato Waffles and Gravy by Served from Scratch
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes Gnocchi by Life as a Strawberry
- Soft Homemade Potato Bread Recipe by House of Nash Eats
- Ranch Mashed Potato Cups by Erica’s Recipes
- Mashed Potato Casserole by Retro Recipe Box
Frequently Asked Questions
Store this leftover pizza as you would any leftover pizza. Either wrap in plastic wrap or tin foil or place in an air tight container and store in the refrigerator. Pizza should be eaten within 5 days.
Top this pizza with any of your favorite pizza toppings! However, after baking I recommend adding sour cream and chopped chives if you want to keep it like a baked potato.
Yes! Be sure that your mashed potatoes are dairy free and then use dairy free cheese. Also, any gluten free crust can be used. I recommend caulipower brand crust for an easy gluten and dairy free crust.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more easy meal ideas? Try our Easy Chicken Taco Pasta, Lazy Lasagna Recipe, Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas, Three Bean Turkey Chili, Easy Homemade Pasta Carbonara, Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers, One Pot Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup, Quick and Easy Turkey Meatloaf and Simple Honey Garlic Pork Chops.
- 1 cooked pizza crust
- 2-3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese, any kind
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- pizza seasoning or oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Top cooked pizza crust with leftover mashed potatoes and spread evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of mashed potatoes.
- Top with bacon and pizza seasoning or oregano.
- Bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted and potatoes are warmed through about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- If desired, add other toppings once removing from the oven such as sour cream, chives, etc.
Store leftover pizza in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 798Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 1849mgCarbohydrates: 98gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g