Lemon Blueberry Snack Cake is fluffy, moist and loaded with blueberries and lots of lemon flavor. Eat this cake for a snack, breakfast or even dessert.
Ingredients for Lemon Blueberry Snack Cake
Most of the ingredients for this recipe are pantry staples that you most likely already have on hand. You will need:
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Lemon zest
- Powdered sugar, optional
For blueberries either fresh or frozen can be used. If using frozen blueberries be sure to defrost them and rinse them before adding to the batter. Frozen blueberries are an excellent option to use any time of year. We like to use the frozen wild blueberries in our baking recipes.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. This makes baked goods easy to remove or lift out of the pan. Plus, it makes the pans easier to clean.
- Use room temperature ingredients when baking unless otherwise specified. These will incorporate easier into your batter than cold ingredients. This includes: milk, eggs, butter, sour cream etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Cake can also be frozen if wrapped well in plastic for up to 2 months.
No, if you would rather skip the lemon flavor just leave out the lemon zest.
Yes, wrap it well in plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost at room temperature before eating.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more delicious snack recipes? Try our Healthy Deviled Eggs, Snickers Stuffed Dates, Homemade Crock Pot 3-Ingredient Applesauce, Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal, Almond Butter Toast with Strawberries and Honey, Dairy Free Queso with Ground Chicken, Healthy Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dessert Hummus and Chickpea and Black Eyed Peas Salsa.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk, room temperature
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick spray and line with parchment.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Add vanilla and stir well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add half of the flour and the baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Add half of the milk. Stir well.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to add remaining flour and milk. Stir well being sure to get everything scrapped from the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Remove from the mixer and gently fold in the blueberries and lemon zest.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once cool, sprinkle the top with powdered sugar if desired.
Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used for this recipe. If using frozen berries, let them defrost and rinse them before adding to the cake batter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/8th pan
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 2gSugar: 43gProtein: 5g