Looking for a super quick meal? This Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta dish is fast to put together making it the perfect weeknight meal. My husband and son love shrimp and they loved this dish! I love that it is ready in under 30 minutes and only has a handful of ingredients.
Ingredients to make this quick and easy Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta
I used raw, deveined, peeled shrimp with tails removed for this recipe to cut down on cooking time and prep time. Cooked shrimp can also be used (notes in recipe card).
The butter I used was Kerrygold’s Garlic & Herb Butter. This butter is the main ingredient in the lemon butter sauce for the pasta and shrimp. It comes in a stick and you should be able to find it at your local grocery store; it adds a ton of flavor and melts perfectly!
If your family doesn’t like broccoli, substitute for any other vegetable that can be steamed and tossed in with the pasta and sauce when mixing.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoy dish be sure to check out our Citrus Chicken Pasta, Crock Pot Pasta Sauce, Shepherd’s Pie, Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Garlic Broccoli Lo Mein, Polynesian Power Grain Bowl, Spinach Lasagna, Italian Wedding Soup, Chili Mac and Cheese and Chicken Marbella.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 pound pasta, I used penne
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 stick of Kerrygold Garlic & Herb butter
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Bring pot of water to a boil to cook pasta.
- Once water is boiling add pasta. Add chopped broccoli after 2 minutes. Once pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a skillet over medium low heat and melt butter. Add lemon zest, lemon juice and shrimp. Cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Do not overcook or shrimp will become tough.
- In the pot combine drained pasta and broccoli with shrimp and sauce mixture. Toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you prefer to use cooked shrimp, add to pan with melted butter and heat until just warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 760mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 23g
This recipe was originally published on June 21, 2019 and updated on February 3, 2021.