I love Lemon Chicken dishes and this Lemon Chicken Orzo is no exception! They are light and refreshing and always hit the spot. This one pot dish is sure to be a winner in your house plus it’s super easy to prepare, uses only one dish and it’s kid approved even though there is “green stuff” in it! Also, if you like this dish and love orzo be sure to check out my recipe for Italian Sausage Orzo as well!
Tips for Lemon Chicken Orzo
To make preparing this dish super simple be sure to prep all of your ingredients that need to be chopped before you get started. It’s one of those dishes that once you get cooking you won’t want to have to stop to chop things up… trust me! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you want some more One Pot Dish recipes, these are some of our favorites: Forbidden Rice and Beans, Garlic Broccoli Lo Mein, Carrot Rice Soup, Sweet and Savory Sweet Potato Hash, Pineapple Pork Fried Rice, and Chicken Noodle Soup! For other delicious recipes, try our Apple Crisp, French Toast Casserole, Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Chewy M&M Cookie Bars, Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salsa, and Tomato Basil Pasta Salad.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup orzo
- 4 cups broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- Prepare all ingredients that need to be chopped.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, let warm then add chicken, lemon pepper seasoning and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- In the same pan, add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and onion. Cook about 5 minutes or until onion starts to soften.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add wine to pan and stir to scrape bottom of pan. Let cook down.
- Add orzo, broth, broccoli, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Stir frequently. Cook until almost all of the broth is absorbed.
- Return chicken to pan and stir to heat.
- Remove from heat once most of broth is absorbed and chicken is warm. Stir in butter and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make sure all ingredients are prepped before staring to cook!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 610Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 1788mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 50g