I love Lemon Chicken dishes and this One Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo is no exception! The combination of lemon and chicken is light and refreshing. This dish is loaded with orzo pasta, chicken, broccoli and lots of lemon flavor.
This one pot dish is sure to be a winner in your house. Plus, it’s super easy to prepare, uses only one skillet or pot and it’s kid approved even though there is “green stuff” in it! Also, if you like this dish and love orzo be sure to check out our recipe for Italian Sausage Orzo as well!
Tips and substitutions for One Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo
- Prepare and measure all of the ingredients before you start cooking. This dish cooks quickly and this will make it very easy to do.
- Use a large pot. This will ensure you won’t have anything spilling over the edge.
- If you have cooked chicken to use, throw it in towards the end instead of cooking it at the beginning.
- Substitute the broccoli with any vegetable that will do well being cooked in broth. Such as cauliflower, asparagus, green beans, kale, etc.
- The parsley on top is optional.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you want some more One Pot Dish recipes, these are some of our favorites: Forbidden Rice and Beans, Garlic Broccoli Lo Mein, Carrot Rice Soup, One Pot Black Bean and Corn Soup, Sweet and Savory Sweet Potato Hash, Pineapple Pork Fried Rice, and Chicken Noodle Soup! For other delicious recipes, try our Healthy Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, Lemon Grilled Chicken, Apple Crisp, French Toast Casserole, Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Chewy M&M Cookie Bars, Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salsa, and Tomato Basil Pasta Salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup orzo, uncooked
- 4 cups chicken broth, chicken stock or vegetable broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
- Prepare all ingredients that need to be chopped.
- Heat a large pot or skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil. Heat oil over medium.
- Add chicken, lemon pepper seasoning and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- In the same pan, add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and onion. Cook about 5 minutes or until onion starts to soften.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add wine to pan and stir to scrape bottom of pan. Let cook down.
- Add orzo, broth, broccoli, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Stir frequently. Cook until almost all of the broth is absorbed.
- Return chicken to pan and stir to heat.
- Remove from heat once most of broth is absorbed and chicken is warm. Stir in butter and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make sure all ingredients are prepped before staring to cook!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 610Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 1788mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 50g