This Lemon Pepper Breaded Tilapia with Pasta, Tomatoes and Basil is a perfect light and easy meal! It is ready in about 40 minutes and perfect for spring and summer. This is a meal the whole family can enjoy!
How to Make Lemon Pepper Breaded Tilapia
To make the lemon pepper breaded tilapia you will need: Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, lemon pepper seasoning, salt, olive oil or melted butter and tilapia fillets. In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, lemon pepper seasoning and salt. Stir to combine.
Drizzle the olive oil or butter over the fish and then coat both sides in breadcrumbs. Bake at 325 degrees for 22-25 minutes. Flip over halfway. If desired, broil fish for a couple minutes at the end to brown the breadcrumbs more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course! Be sure to adjust the baking time to cook your fish completely but not overbaked. Cod would make a great substitute for this recipe.
Yes, use your favorite gluten-free bread crumbs to do so. If they are not pre-seasoned go ahead and add more seasoning to the mixture before breading your fish. Also, use your favorite gluten-free pasta!
Sure! Use the same temperature but keep a close eye on it as some air fryers cook much faster than a traditional oven.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoyed this recipe for Lemon Pepper Breaded Tilapia with Pasta, Tomatoes and Basil be sure to try some of our other quick dinner recipes including Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta, Easy Homemade Pasta Carbonara, Healthy Mediterranean Avocado Hummus Bowls, One Pot Black Bean and Corn Soup, Chili Mac and Cheese, Turkey Sloppy Joes, Simple Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata, Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Black Bean Quinoa Burgers and Simple Mediterranean Orzo Salad.
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil or melted butter
- 1 pound fettucini pasta (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine breadcrumbs, lemon pepper seasoning and 1/2 tsp salt together in a bowl.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil or butter over tilapia and rub it on the fish then dip each piece in breadcrumbs. Cover both sides then place on a baking sheet.
- Bake fish for 22-25 minutes or until cooked through. Flip halfway. If desired, broil for a few minutes at the end to brown the breading more.
- While the fish is cooking, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Once it is cooked, drain and toss with olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- While waiting on the pasta and fish, slice cherry tomatoes in half and thinly slice basil. Toss together with salt and pepper to your taste and add a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Once everything is done, serve and enjoy!
Leftover tilapia should be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat fish in the oven for best results.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 547Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 72mgSodium 998mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 39g