A Mexican Moscow Mule is a simple twist on a classic Moscow Mule. The combination of tequila and spicy ginger beer makes for a delicious and easy to make cocktail. Give this refreshing and easy cocktail a try for your next happy hour.
If you enjoy this tequila mule be sure to also try our Double Chocolate Moscow Mule Cocktail for another fun twist on the classic moscow mule recipe.
What is in a Mexican Mule?
A simple combination of ingredients is all you need for this delicious cocktail. You will need:
- Tequila- whichever is your favorite!
- Ginger beer- can be found in the grocery store with the specialty sodas or in most liquor stores near the mixers. Ginger beer is similar to ginger ale but with a much more intense ginger flavor. Despite its name, ginger beer is non-alcoholic. Ginger beer gives this cocktail a little bit of sweetness so adding simple syrup is not necessary.
- Limes- for fresh lime juice and garnish.
- Ice cubes
Mules are typically served in copper mugs however any glass will work!
Frequently Asked Questions
A Moscow Mule has vodka and a Mexican Mule has tequila. Aside from that the ingredients and steps to make this cocktail are the same. If you are a fan of tequila you are sure to like this twist on the classic.
No, the flavor will not be the same. Ginger beer is definitely needed for this recipe because it has a much stronger ginger flavor. Despite its name it is just a soda and does not contain alcohol.
No, you’ll just need to stir this cocktail together. Any time you have a carbonated drink as an ingredient you’ll want to skip the shaker!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 1 oz tequila
- 1 oz water
- 3 oz ginger beer
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour in tequila, water, ginger beer and lime juice.
- Stir well (do not shake with carbonated ginger beer).
- Top with lime garnish and enjoy!
Traditionally served in a copper mug but can be served in any glass.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 3gSugar: 42gProtein: 1g