A Mexican Mule is a simple twist on a traditional Moscow Mule. Instead of vodka it is made with tequila! Give this refreshing and easy cocktail a try for your next happy hour.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
What is in a Mexican Mule?
A simple combination of ingredients is all you need for this delicious cocktail. You will need:
- Tequila- whichever is your favorite!
- Ginger beer- can be found in the grocery store with the specialty sodas or in most liquor stores near the mixers. Ginger beer is similar to ginger ale but with a much more intense ginger flavor. Despite its name, ginger beer is non-alcoholic.
- Limes- for fresh lime juice and garnish.
Mules are typically served in copper mugs however any glass will work!
Frequently Asked Questions
A Moscow Mule has vodka and a Mexican Mule has tequila.
No, the flavor will not be the same. Ginger beer is definitely needed for this recipe. Despite its name it is just a soda and does not contain alcohol.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 1 oz tequila
- 1 oz water
- 3 oz ginger beer
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour in tequila, water, ginger beer and lime juice.
- Stir well (do not shake with carbonated ginger beer).
- Top with lime garnish and enjoy!
Traditionally served in a copper mug but can be served in any glass.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 269Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 154mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 3gSugar 42gProtein 1g