These Nutella Chickpea Brownies may possibly be the most gooey and delicious brownies I have had in a long time! Also, aside from the Nutella there is very little sugar added to this recipe.
In addition to chickpeas, you will need Nutella, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips for these brownies. Also, a really good food processor or blender!
What are Chickpea Brownies like?
If you haven’t had chickpea brownies before the texture is definitely different from regular brownies. However, I have found that if you store them in the refrigerator they are much easier to cut and serve. The refrigerator will also help to keep them fresh longer… if you need to!
As if these Nutella Chickpea Brownies needed any more “brownie points” (I can’t help myself, I’m the queen of corny jokes in my house) they also freeze perfectly! Simply store in an airtight container and keep some for later!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you love these Nutella Chickpea Brownies, be sure to check out these other dessert favorites: Black Moon Whoopie Pies, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Scones, Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies, Homemade Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus, Ricotta Cookies, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls, Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chickpea Blondies, Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting and Chocolate Pecan Pie.
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8 x 8 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine chickpeas, nutella, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla in food processor. Blend until smooth. Scrape down sides as necessary.
- Add almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Blend until combined.
- Remove blade from food processor and stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and top with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean.
- Cool brownies before serving. Brownies should be stored in the refrigerator to maximize freshness.
Brownies can be frozen in an airtight container!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g