One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta is the perfect easy meal for a weeknight dinner. This pasta is loaded with chicken, broccoli, cheese and seasoned perfectly. Not only is it easy to make but it is kid-approved! For the adults, a glass of white wine would be delicious with this pasta dish.
Ingredients for One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta
This pasta dish uses mostly pantry and fridge staples making it an easy meal to make on short notice. For this recipe you will need:
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- chicken or vegetable broth
- shredded mozzarella cheese
If you are looking for ingredient substitutions, see the Frequently Asked Questions below.
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, salt, pepper and garlic. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Once cooked through, remove the chicken from pan and set aside.
Add milk, broth, broccoli and pasta to the pot. Turn up the heat and cover to bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat and let simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove the pot from the heat and add in butter and half of the shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted then add remaining cheese. Add chicken back to the pot and stir to combine.
Serve pasta immediately. If desired sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, simply swap out the pasta for gluten free pasta!
Of course! Use your favorite non-dairy milk and cheese (the same measurements).
Yes, go ahead and throw it in the pot just like you would with fresh broccoli or if it is a steam in the bag kind you can steam it and put it in at the end when you add the chicken back to the pot.
Any cut of chicken can be used. We tend to use skinless chicken breasts but tenderloins, thighs, etc can be used just chop into bite size pieces.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more easy weeknight meals? Try our Easy Homemade Pasta Carbonara, Healthy Mediterranean Avocado Hummus Bowl, One Pot Black Bean and Corn Soup, Turkey Sloppy Joes, Simple Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata, Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta, Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Black Bean Quinoa Burgers, and Simple Mediterranean Orzo Salad.
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 pound pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Dice chicken breast into small bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Chop broccoli into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper and garlic. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add milk, broth, broccoli and pasta to pot.
- Turn up the heat and cover to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and let simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add in butter and half of the shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted then add remaining cheese.
- Add chicken back to the pot and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Store leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 664Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 853mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 54g