These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chickpea Blondies are so delicious! If you haven’t tried chickpea blondies or brownies yet you must give them a try! They are super moist and chewy. Also, these blondies are naturally gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian! Plus, they are low in added sugar.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
About Chickpea Blondies…
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chickpea Blondies will be a little different than traditional blondies. The texture is a little bit more crumbly, so refrigerating them will make them easier to cut and remove from the pan. I would recommend storing them in the refrigerator to extend their freshness. Also, these freeze great! Simply put in an airtight container and stick in the freezer.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chickpea Blondies
For this recipe, most of the ingredients are pantry staples. A few others may be things you don’t have regularly in your kitchen:
- Chickpeas- canned is the easiest for this recipe.
- Creamy peanut butter- whichever brand is your favorite!
- Maple syrup- or honey if preferred although if vegan go with maple syrup.
- Peanut Flour- PB Fit is my go to! You can find these near the peanut butter.
- Coconut oil- vegetable oil will work as well.
- Almond flour- I have found Trader Joe’s to have the best prices for this!
- Chocolate chips- dairy-free if needed or desired.
Tips for Making Chickpea Blondies
This recipe is really quick to put together. Here are a few tips to make it even easier:
- Grease or line your pan with parchment paper to make them easy to remove from the dish.
- Check ingredient swaps above if you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand.
- Be sure to store leftover almond flour in the refrigerator to extend its freshness.
- You will need a blender or food processor for this recipe. I used my favorite food processor.
- Refrigerate once cooled to make easier to slice and store in the refrigerator for extended freshness. There are no preservatives in these so they will only last a day or two out of the refrigerator.
- Freeze in air tight containers! Defrost when ready to eat in the refrigerator or on the counter.
Love Chickpeas? Be sure to try these recipes:
- Nutella Chickpea Brownies
- Chickpea Salsa
If you love this recipe be sure to check out our Nutella Chickpea Brownies, Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars, Chocolate Pecan Pie, Apple Pie, Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting, Black Moon Whoopie Pies, Sour Cream Coffee Cake, Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies, Homemade Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies, Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ricotta Cookies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls, Dark Chocolate Walnut Biscotti and Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup peanut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8 x 8 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Scrape down sides as necessary.
- Add almond flour, peanut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Blend until combined.
- Remove blade and stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and top with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean.
- Cool brownies before serving. Brownies should be stored in the refrigerator to maximize freshness.
Blondies can be frozen in airtight containers!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 220Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 290mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 4gSugar 15gProtein 7g
This post was originally published on September 9, 2019 and updated on July 12, 2021.