Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a spin on my always popular Banana Bread with the addition of peanut butter, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips! This is a perfect breakfast or dessert for the chocolate peanut butter lovers out there.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Tips
- Freeze your bananas when they are past the ripeness that you will eat them. Then, when you are ready to bake with them just microwave them a few seconds on each side to get them out of the peel or let them thaw on the counter. I always have at least a couple bananas in my freezer to use for baking. You can either leave them in the peel or remove the peel and put them in a plastic bag. Using bananas that have been frozen gives the banana bread a different flavor. If you don’t have them frozen, no worries! For more information check out How to Store Ripe Bananas!
- Alternate the dry ingredients and mashed bananas when mixing. This will keep you from over mixing the batter.
- Add as many chocolate and peanut butter chips as you want, the recipe just gives a suggested amount! I always like to sprinkle some extra of each on top. Also, nuts would make another great addition.
- Let bread cool completely and store wrapped in tin foil at room temperature.
- Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins by dividing the batter up into 12 muffins. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Bread can also be frozen and defrosted!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Do you love to bake? Here are some more recipes we think you will enjoy: Banana Bread, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus, Strawberry Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins, Buttermilk Biscuits, Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars, Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chickpea Blondies, Nutella Chickpea Brownies, Apple Crisp, Italian Cookies, Cream Cheese Logs, Homemade Pop Tarts, Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars, Pie Dough, Snickerdoodles, Cranberry Noel Cookies, Reindeer Poop Cookies and Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Banana Bread filled with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Cream together peanut butter, butter and sugar using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add eggs and combine well.
- Add 1/2 flour and stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 mashed bananas and stir to combine.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to finish adding flour and bananas.
- Stir in peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-70 minutes until done in middle. The time will vary depending on the shape of your loaf pan. Start with 50 minutes and add more time as needed.
- Cool, serve and enjoy!
Peanut butter can be subbed for another nut butter if you prefer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 8g
Originally published November 18, 2018 and updated February 8, 2021.