These Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bites are one of my favorite snacks! They are super easy to make and even more delicious! These are great for a grab and go breakfast, for before a workout or after a workout and really just anytime!
This simple snack will give you a good serving of carbs, healthy fat and protein. Added bonus? The kids eat them, too! Make these bites and store them in the refrigerator for up to a few days… if they last that long!
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
What ingredients do I need?
- Oats- The quick cooking oats will give the best texture in these protein bites! If you are gluten-free be sure to get oats that specifically say gluten-free.
- Chocolate protein powder- Any brand will work, however my favorite is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Extreme Milk Chocolate.
- Ground flax seeds- I prefer to get whole flax seed and grind as needed since flax tends to go rancid fairly quickly at room temperature once it is ground. If you do buy it already ground plan to use it up quickly and store it in the refrigerator.
- Peanut Butter- any kind will do! Creamy will work best to hold the ingredients together.
- Mini Chocolate Chips- these are my favorite!
- Honey- again any kind will work.
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bites
All you need to do for this recipe is combine all of the ingredients and roll into rounded tablespoon-sized balls. Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe with ingredient amounts. If you are looking for a tool to quickly and easily make similar sized balls here it is… and it’s great for cookies too!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more recipes like this one? Be sure to check out our Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites, No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars, Chocolate Covered Almond Protein Bites, Protein Packed Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies, PB&J Protein Smoothie, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Protein Bites, Strawberry Smoothie Bowl, Nutella Chickpea Brownies, Chicken Bone Broth and Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie! We hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do!
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey
- Combine all ingredients.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls. (Should make approximately 30.)
- Store in refrigerator.
Use your favorite protein powder for this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 15 Serving Size 2 bites
Amount Per Serving Calories 149Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 1mgSodium 79mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 8gProtein 6g
Originally published November 5, 2018 and updated on February 28, 2020.