This morning Stella and I made some yummy Peanut Butter Honey Muffins! Simple and delicious… my favorite kind of recipe. My kids love muffins and will eat them for breakfast or a snack. I thought these tasted like Nutter Butter cookies!
Let’s make some Peanut Butter Honey Muffins…
First, you are going to combine all of your dry ingredients in one bowl. That would be your flours, baking soda and salt.
Next, in a separate bowl you are going to combine your sugars, honey, and peanut butter with a whisk. Stir until well combined. Then, add the milk, egg whites, and egg to the honey mixture. Stir until well combined.
Next, make a well in the center of the flour mixture and then add in the liquid ingredients.
Then, stir with a spatula until just moist. Do not over stir the muffins! Don’t worry if there are lumps or you still see bits of peanut butter. My little chef got too hungry and needed a banana while waiting for her muffins!
Grease a muffin pan and divide mixture evenly among 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle lightly with sugar. Finally, bake at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and cool on rack. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out some of our other favorites, including Bacon and Cheese Quiche, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus, Tomato Basil Pasta Salad, Chewy M&M Cookie Bars, Autumn Harvest Juice, Peanut Butter Banana Acai Bowl, Very Berry Spinach Applesauce, Carrot Muffins, Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars, Pumpkin Pancakes, Homemade Pop Tarts and Spinach Feta Quiche. Be sure to check out more our breakfast recipes!
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sugar, for sprinkling muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan or use muffin liners.
- In first bowl, combine flours, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the middle. Set aside.
- In second bowl, combine sugars, honey and peanut butter. Stir until well combined.
- Add milk, egg whites and egg to peanut butter mixture.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into flour mixture.
- Stir just until moist. Do not over stir or muffins will be tough.
- Divide mixture among 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle lightly with sugar (using remaining 1 tbsp).
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 15-18 minutes or until done. Muffins will spring back when touched on top when they are baked through.
- Remove muffins from pan and let cool on wire rack.
Muffins can be frozen.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 576mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 8g
This recipe was originally published October 29, 2018 and updated on March 18, 2020.