Peppermint Crescent Cookies are lightly sweet and buttery with a hint of peppermint! These are sure to be a hit for any holiday party or cookie swap!
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
How to make Peppermint Crescent Cookies
The first step in making these cookies is to create the dough. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the butter until creamy and then add powdered sugar, peppermint extract and salt. Beat until well combined. Next, slowly add in the flour until a dough is formed. Do not over mix. Chill the dough until firm, about 30 minutes.
Next, shape your dough into crescents. I use a scoop to make sure my cookies come out uniform. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden. Roll the warm cookies in powdered sugar and let cool.
Once the cookies are cool, roll in sugar a second time and then make the icing. Drizzle cookies with icing and then sprinkle with crushed peppermint. Let icing set before storing cookies.
These cookies will be best stored in an airtight container at room temperature. If these cookies are put in the refrigerator or freezer the peppermint candies and powdered sugar will not last as long.
Also, keep these cookies separate from other cookies so they don’t share their peppermint flavor with all of the others. Cookies should be fresh for 7-10 days in an airtight container.
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more cookie recipes? Be sure to check out our Microwave Mint Chocolate Fudge, Italian Cookies, Cranberry Noel Cookies, Chocolate Pretzel Bark, Russian Tea Cakes, Reindeer Poop Cookies, Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Crinkles, Dark Chocolate Walnut Biscotti, Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars, Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies, Nutella Chickpea Brownies, Protein Packed Oatmeal Cookies, and Cream Cheese Logs.
For the cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- powdered sugar, for rolling
For the icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp water
- crushed peppermint
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Add 2/3 cup powdered sugar, peppermint extract and salt. Beat well.
- Slowly add flour and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Refrigerate dough until firm. About 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Scoop dough and roll into logs then shape into crescents. Space out about 1 inch on pan.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar and let cool completely. Once completely cool, roll in powdered sugar again.
- Make icing by combining the powdered sugar and water with a whisk. Slowly add water until the icing is slightly thin.
- Drizzle icing over cookies and sprinkle with crushed peppermint.
- Once icing is set, store cookies in an airtight container.
Store in an airtight container. Do not mix with other cookies otherwise they will share their peppermint flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g