These Pork and Brown Rice Meatballs are tender with a hint of garlic and ginger flavor! Serve them for dinner or as an appetizer. These meatballs are delicious paired with roasted or stir-fried vegetables.
Ingredients for Pork and Brown Rice Meatballs
Pork and Brown Rice Meatballs don’t require any fancy ingredients making them a really easy meal to make. The ingredients you need are:
- Ground pork (with no seasoning added)
- Cooked brown rice- don’t have any leftover in the fridge? Grab a packet of Uncle Ben’s microwaveable brown rice! It has the exact amount needed for this recipe.
- Garlic powder
- Ground ginger
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
Because these meatballs also contain a good amount of rice in them, they don’t pair well with pasta like traditional meatballs. Instead, try pairing them with these suggestions:
- Easy Oven Baked Zucchini Chips
- Roasted vegetables and a salad with Carrot Ginger dressing
- Add dipping bowls of soy sauce and yum yum sauce and enjoy as an appetizer
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, brown rice is used to replace breadcrumbs making them gluten-free.
We have not tried freezing them however we don’t see why not! If you try it please let us know!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
For meal ideas try our Vegetarian Cheddar Cheese Grits with Black Beans and Avocado, Easy Crock Pot Beef and Beer, Feta Turkey Burgers with Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries, Quick and Easy Turkey Meatloaf, Pan Fried Eggplant with Arugula Caprese Salad, Quick and Easy BBQ Chicken Salad, Lemon Pepper Breaded Tilapia with Pasta, Tomatoes and Basil, Stuffed Pepper Casserole with Beef and Mushrooms and Simple Honey Garlic Pork Chops.
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Mix until combined well.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls (should yield about 30 meatballs).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes or until the outside is golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leftover brown rice or Uncle Ben's microwave pouches of brown rice are perfect for this recipe if you don't feel like putting the time in to cooking brown rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 3 meatballs
Amount Per Serving Calories 317Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 122mgSodium 313mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 25g