These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies are loaded with wholesome ingredients, easy to make and have no added sugar! The whole family is sure to love these delicious cookies. These cookies are perfect for a healthy dessert or snack. All you need is a handful of ingredients and less than 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
For this recipe you will just need a handful of simple ingredients:
- Overripe bananas- these bananas will be your only sweetener for this recipe so the riper they are the more sweetness they will bring to the recipe. See our post on How to Store Ripe Bananas so you always have a supply on hand to use for recipes!
- Peanut butter- use your favorite for this recipe, regular or natural peanut butter will both work. I think oher nut butters such as cashew butter or almond butter would work for this recipe as well, but I have not tested it to be sure. Please let us know in the comments if you try!
- Chocolate protein powder– chocolate protein powder adds a lot of flavor to this recipe however vanilla or any other flavors could be used as long as you think it will pair with the peanut butter and banana. Also, vegan or plant based protein powders will work in this recipe.
- Quick oats- avoid using rolled oats or steel cut oats for this recipe so your cookies do not come out dense.
- Chocolate chips– mini or regular, and use dairy free chocolate chips if desired.
- Vanilla extract- for a little bit of extra flavor.
How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
Prep a baking sheet or cookie sheet with non-stick spray or line it with parchment paper. Then, in a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir to combine. After the ingredients are combine well, divide the cookie dough into 12 cookies, place on a baking sheet and bake them!
Then, try to not eat them all in one sitting! Feel free to make smaller cookies if you prefer just be sure to adjust the baking time.
Why make oatmeal chocolate chip protein cookies?
- These healthy cookies are a great way to add protein to your day with about 10 grams of protein per cookie.
- Kids will love this healthier version of a cookie that has less sugar than a traditional cookie and they can enjoy them for dessert or as a healthy snack.
- Healthy protein cookies from the grocery store can be expensive, make these at home for a less expensive alternative.
- Enjoy these cookies with breakfast, as a post-workout snack or dessert.
Frequently Asked Questions
You absolutely can! There will not be as strong of a chocolate flavor however the cookies will still be delicious. If you want, you can always add a little bit of cocoa powder to the cookie dough to give it that boost of chocolate flavor.
To make these gluten free be sure to use gluten free oats and check your protein powder to be sure that it is also gluten free!
I recommend storing these cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 5 days in the refrigerator. These can also be frozen by individually wrapping them and placing inside a larger bag or container to keep them fresh for longer.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other protein treats: No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars, Chocolate Covered Almond Protein Bites, Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites and Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bites. For other dessert ideas, check out our Buttercream Frosting, Chocolate Pecan Pie, Apple Pie, Butter Cookie Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting, Chewy M&M Cookie Bars, Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars, Black Moon Whoopie Pies, and Ricotta Cookies.
- 2 over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in one bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Scoop into 12 cookies and flatten slightly before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, until slightly firm.
- Cool and enjoy!
Use any protein powder for this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 10g