This creamy Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake is the perfect breakfast or snack this fall! All you need is five ingredients and in five minutes you’ll have this delicious shake ready to go.
Ingredients and How to Make a Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake
This recipe is super simple to make with just a handful of ingredients. You will need:
- Frozen banana (see our post on How to Store Ripe Bananas for tips on storing bananas)
- Canned pumpkin puree
- Vanilla protein powder- whey protein powder, plant-based or pea protein will all work
- Pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Milk- use regular, almond milk, soy milk, etc. My preference is unsweetened almond milk in my smoothies or shakes.
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. This recipe can be doubled or tripled to make more servings.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make sure this recipe is gluten free check your protein powder to make sure it is gluten free! To make this recipe dairy free use a vegan or plant based protein and your choice of non-dairy milk such as unsweetened vanilla almond milk or soy milk.
I do not recommend making this shake ahead of time. The creamy texture comes from blending in the frozen banana which you won’t have after it is refrigerated. Also, it is likely to separate if it sits for a while after blending. This shake should be served immediately.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
For more easy protein packed recipes try our Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies, PB&J Protein Smoothie, Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bites, Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Muffins and Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Smoothie.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup milk, regular or non-dairy
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Make with your favorite protein and favorite milk.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 6gSugar: 19gProtein: 32g