These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Parmesan are an impressive but easy and delicious side dish to make! They are loaded with parmesan, bacon and lots of garlic flavor. If you love Brussels sprouts you are sure to love this recipe.
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Parmesan
This recipe is very easy to make. To start, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Then, wash the Brussels sprouts. For this dish, I sliced off the bottom, removed any dirty leaves and then sliced them into quarters. Next, in a mixing bowl, combine the sprouts, olive oil, chopped bacon, salt, and garlic powder.
Stir all of the ingredients in the mixing bowl and pour onto a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes then stir. Roast for another 20 minutes or until they reach your desired color. Next, remove from the oven and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar glaze (optional). Serve immediately.
These roasted Brussels Sprouts will make a great side dish for:
- Gluten-Free Oven Baked Almond Crusted Chicken
- Chicken Marbella
- Lemon Grilled Chicken
- Easy Pan Fried Boneless Pork Chops
- Easy Crock Pot Beef and Beer
- Pumpkin Risotto
Frequently Asked Questions
The correct name is Brussels sprouts because they were named after the Belgian capital city. This is also why you will see the name capitalized.
Yes, either leave out the cheese or use your favorite dairy-free parmesan cheese.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Want another Brussels sprouts recipe? Check out our Quinoa with Brussels Sprouts and Pomegranate, Warm Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad or Sweet and Savory Sweet Potato Hash. For more side dishes try our Homemade Crock Pot 3-Ingredient Applesauce, Easy Air Fryer Green Beans, Homemade Cilantro Lime Rice, Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Parmesan Cheese, Gluten Free Dairy Free Corn Casserole, Buttermilk Biscuits or Sweet and Salty Air Fryer Rainbow Carrots. Also, check out our 23 Fall Recipe and Dinner Ideas You Must Try or Top 21 Recipes of 2021.
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 8 slices bacon, raw
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- balsamic vinegar glaze (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts. Remove the bottoms and any dirty leaves and slice into quarters.
- Slice the bacon into small pieces.
- Combine the sprouts, olive oil, chopped bacon, salt, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Stir all of the ingredients in the mixing bowl and pour onto a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes then stir well.
- Roast for another 20 minutes or until they reach your desired color.
- Remove from the oven and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar glaze (optional).
- Serve immediately.
To make this recipe dairy free either skip the parmesan cheese or use your favorite dairy free cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 711mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 10g