This homemade Roasted Red Pepper Cream sauce is so easy to make and can be used many ways! We have enjoyed it over pasta, pork chops and chicken.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
How to make Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
For this recipe, you will need:
- Heavy cream
- Broth- chicken or vegetable
- Brown sugar
- Roasted red peppers (store-bought or homemade)
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Immersion blender or blender
Then, follow these quick and simple steps (scroll to the bottom for complete recipe amounts):
How to store homemade sauce
Homemade sauces should be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I prefer to store my sauces in glass mason jars since they do not stain and are very easy to clean. When ready to use the sauce, only heat what you are going to use right away. For more delicious recipe to make at home inside of buying the store-bought version check out Collection of Store-Bought Foods You can Easily Make at Home.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to try our Crock Pot Pasta Sauce, Easy Homemade Meat Sauce, Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce, Homemade Macaroni and Cheese, Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta, Citrus Chicken Pasta, Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Lasagna, Tomato Basil Pasta Salad, Italian Pasta Salad, Spinach Lasagna and Sausage Casserole.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 16 oz roasted red peppers, drained
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pot.
- Cover and bring to a simmer over medium/high heat.
- Once simmering lower temperature and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir frequently and be careful to not burn the cream.
- After 5 minutes, remove from the heat and blend using an immersion blender or stand up blender. Be very cautious with this step to avoid burning yourself.
- Use immediately or let cool and then store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you do not use jarred roasted red peppers and use homemade ones instead you will need about 3-4 peppers for this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: about 1/3 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g