This homemade Roasted Red Pepper Cream sauce is creamy, rich, easy to make and can be used so many ways! We have enjoyed it over pasta, pork chops, chicken or as a dip! This sauce has a flavor the whole family is sure to love.
Ingredients for Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
This recipe only requires a few ingredients and thankfully many of them are pantry staples. This makes it an easy recipe to make anytime. For this recipe, you will need:
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Brown sugar
- Roasted red peppers (store-bought or homemade)
- Salt and black pepper (optional)
- Immersion blender or blender
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
Once you have all of your ingredients ready to go it’s time to make the sauce! First, start by combining all of the ingredients in a sauce pot. Then, cover the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Once the mixture is simmering lower the temperature and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir frequently and be careful to not burn the cream.
Then, after 5 minutes, remove from the heat and blend using an immersion blender, blender or food processor. Be very cautious with this step to avoid burning yourself. Use immediately or let cool and then store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container such as a mason jar. This recipe is not shelf stable!
How to Store Homemade Sauce
Homemade sauces should be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I prefer to store my sauces in glass mason jars since they do not stain and are very easy to clean. When ready to use the sauce, only heat what you are going to use right away.
For more delicious recipe to make at home inside of buying the store-bought version check out Collection of Store-Bought Foods You can Easily Make at Home.
- Serve with pasta, sausage and stir fried onions and peppers
- Top grilled chicken with sauce and serve with potatoes and broccoli
- Pour over ravioli for a quick and easy meal
- Keep is simple and pour sauce over plain pasta and top with fresh basil leaves and grated parmesan cheese
- Serve over sauteed pork chops with your favorite side dishes
Frequently Asked Questions
No, but if you would like to make it spicy add in some crushed red pepper flakes once the sauce is complete. Another delicious addition that would add some smoky flavor is smoked paprika.
This sauce must be kept in the refrigerator and should be used within 5 days of making it. When ready to use only heat the amounts you plan to use right away.
Yes! Either store bought jarred roasted red peppers or homemade roasted red peppers can be used for this recipe. Roasting your own red bell peppers is an easy process and if you can find some for a good deal in the grocery store or farmers market it is worth the time!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to try our Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette, Homemade Vegan Cashew Pesto, Vegan Pumpkin Cashew Alfredo, Crock Pot Pasta Sauce, Easy Homemade Meat Sauce, Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce, Homemade Macaroni and Cheese, Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta, Citrus Chicken Pasta, Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Lasagna, Tomato Basil Pasta Salad, Italian Pasta Salad, Spinach Lasagna and Sausage Casserole.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 16 oz roasted red peppers, drained
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pot.
- Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once simmering lower temperature and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir frequently and be careful to not burn the cream.
- After 5 minutes, remove from the heat and blend using an immersion blender, blender or food processor. Be very cautious with this step to avoid burning yourself.
- Use immediately or let cool and then store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you do not use jarred roasted red peppers and use homemade ones instead you will need about 3-4 peppers for this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: about 1/3 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g