This recipe for roasted vegetable quesadillas is a great vegetarian option and even one that my husband, who insists on meat with every meal, happily eats! Roasting the vegetables with the seasoning gives these quesadillas an extra layer of flavor.
If you are looking for more ways to add variety to the vegetables in your diet this is a great recipe to try.
Return to the Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. This post may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a profit if a purchase is made at no additional cost to you.
How to make Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas
To start, you are going to chop up your sweet potatoes, onion and red peppers. Drizzle them with oil and add the seasonings. This sheet pan is my absolute favorite. Toss them together and then roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Once the vegetables are tender remove them from the oven and move them to a mixing bowl. Add in the beans, cheese, and lime juice. Stir well to combine.
Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add a small amount of olive oil. Once hot, place a tortilla in the pan and add 1/2-2/3 cup of mixture to the tortilla (depending on the size of the tortilla). Let the tortilla crisp and then fold it over and remove from the pan.
While the tortillas are cooking you are going to make your lime crema. Simply combine a little lime juice with your sour cream and season lightly with salt and pepper. Serve the tortillas with lime crema and enjoy!
Looking for more meal ideas? Check out our Pumpkin Risotto, Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs, Forbidden Rice and Beans, Turkey Stuffed Peppers, Fried Eggplant with Arugula Caprese Salad, Black Bean Quinoa Burgers, Feta Turkey Burgers with Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries, Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salsa and BBQ Chicken Pizza.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 red peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or any type you prefer)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 8 tortillas, any flavor
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop the sweet potatoes, red peppers and red onion into small pieces.
- On a sheet pan, toss together your vegetables, olive oil, garlic salt, pepper and cumin.
- Roast vegetables for 20 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables with the beans, cheese and most of the lime juice. Reserve about 2 tsps of the lime juice for the crema.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and drizzle with olive oil. Place the tortillas on the hot pan and add 1/2 cup- 2/3 cup of the vegetable mixture.
- Once the tortilla is crisp, fold over and remove from pan.
- To make the lime crema, combine reserved lime juice with sour cream and season with salt and pepper lightly.
- Serve quesadillas with lime crema and enjoy!
Number of quesadillas may vary based on tortilla size.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 327Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 12mgSodium 727mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 7gSugar 5gProtein 10g