We love Mexican food in our house. It’s usually quick and easy to put together so it’s a regular go to. These Simple Black Beans are great served with rice, tacos, or as a side to any other Mexican dish!
How to make Simple Black Beans
To make this recipe you are going to start out by heating some olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add your chopped onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook until onions and peppers are softened.
Next, stir in your beans (not drained), salt, pepper, cumin, and cilantro. Let simmer until thoroughly warmed and sauce begins to thicken.
Serve and enjoy!
If you enjoy this recipe, here are some others to check out: Forbidden Rice and Beans, Basil Parmesan Risotto, Almond and Mandarin Quinoa Salad, Bacon and Cheese Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Fried Plantains, Baked Zucchini Chips, Italian Pasta Salad, Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas, Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salsa, Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Tropical Salsa and Smashed Potatoes.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cans of black beans, undrained
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro or 2 tbsp fresh
- Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook until softened approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Add black beans, salt, pepper, cumin and cilantro. Cook until sauce thickens and is fragrant approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice, with tacos, or any way you like!
Perfect over rice or with tacos!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 131Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 587mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 6gSugar 1gProtein 6g