We love fondue at our house and have recently started getting the kids involved! This Simple Cheddar Cheese Fondue is sure to be loved by children and adults. It comes together super fast, is creamy, and easy to dip!
How to make Simple Cheddar Cheese Fondue
This recipe will be best in a fondue pot so that it can stay warm and melted while serving, however it can be made on the stove as well. In a fondue pot, over medium/low heat cook garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer.
While waiting for the broth to simmer, toss cheese with flour to coat. Pre-shredded or freshly shredded cheese can be used. Once broth is simmering, slowly add cheese and stir to melt. Once all cheese is melted adjust heat on the fondue pot to keep cheese warm but not too hot. If cheese becomes too hot it may burn on the bottom of the pot.
Cheese fondue has so many options for what can be dipped in it! Here are some of our suggestions:
- Cubed bread
- Pretzels, soft or hard
- Fruit- apples or berries
- Dried fruit
- Vegetables- raw or steamed such as broccoli, asparagus, potatoes, carrots, peppers
- Large pasta shapes
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Be sure to look at our Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad, Crunchy Parmesan Kale Chips, Turkey Bulgogi Meatballs, Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salsa, Carrot Ginger Soup, Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Log, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Tropical Salsa, Homemade Chicken Tenders and Warm Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad.
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 12 oz chicken or vegetable broth
- 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp flour
- In a fondue pot, over medium/low heat cook garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer.
- While waiting for the broth to simmer, toss cheese with flour to coat.
- Once broth is simmering, slowly add cheese and stir to melt.
- Once all cheese is melted adjust heat on fondue pot to keep cheese warm but not too hot.
- Serve with apples, bread, pretzels, etc.
Fresh grated or pre-shredded cheddar cheese can be used!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 333Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 96mgSodium 484mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 23g