These Simple Honey Garlic Pork Chops are sweet, salty and sure to become a family favorite! Have this meal ready in less than 30 minutes making it a perfect option for a weeknight meal. Serve with your favorite sides or over rice and vegetables!.
Ingredients for Simple Honey Garlic Pork Chops
All you need for this recipe is a few simple ingredients! A lot of these are staple items as well so no need for ingredients you’ll only use one time:
- Salt and pepper
- Boneless pork chops- thick or thin (we prefer thin)
- Olive oil or sesame oil
- Broth, vegetable or chicken broth
- Soy sauce (coconut aminos or tamari sauce for gluten-free)
- Sesame seeds- these are optional and will not affect the flavor!
How long do you fry pork chops?
Pork chops can be be intimidating to cook since they are easily over cooked which leads to a tough piece of meat. For this recipe, the pork chops will be pan fried. Heat the olive oil in the pan on a medium heat and once hot add the seasoned pork chops. Let cook for 4-6 minutes. They should start to cook up the sides.
Flip when the bottom is golden brown in places. It will not be an even color. Cook on the other side about 4 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, immediately remove from the pan so they do not continue cooking.
This timing will need to be adjusted based on the thickness of the pork chops, however check them on the low end of the time. Try to only flip them one time when cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Use coconut aminos or tamari in place of the soy sauce in this recipe. You can find those in the grocery store in the same section as soy sauce.
Yes, instead of using olive oil to fry the pork chops try using sesame oil.
We tend to use thick or thin cut boneless pork chops. However, bone in pork chops can be used as well. Use whichever kind your family prefers.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more pork chop recipes? Try our Easy Pan Fried Boneless Pork Chops or Air Fryer Boneless Pork Chops (no breading). Do you love a quick weeknight meal? Try our Easy Homemade Chicken Tenders, Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta, Easy Homemade Pasta Carbonara, Healthy Mediterranean Avocado Hummus Bowl, One Pot Black Bean and Corn Soup, Chili Mac and Cheese, Turkey Sloppy Joes, Simple Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata, Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Black Bean Quinoa Burgers and Simple Mediterranean Orzo Salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or sesame oil
- 1.5 pounds boneless pork chops, thick or thin cut
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2/3 cup broth, vegetable or chicken
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, optional
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil to hot pan.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with a little salt and pepper. Add to pan.
- Cook pork chops until browned on bottom then flip over. About 4-6 minutes depending on thickness of pork chops.
- While pork chops cook, mix together honey, broth and soy sauce.
- Cook pork chops on other side until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove from pan.
- Add garlic to pan. Cook until fragrant. About 1-2 minutes
- Add broth, honey and soy sauce to pan. Bring to a simmer. Stir frequently and let cook for about 3 minutes.
- Return pork chops to pan. Cook in sauce for 2 minutes then flip to coat the other side. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and remove from heat.
- Serve with extra honey garlic sauce on top and your favorite side dishes. We usually serve it with roasted zucchini and white rice.
Thick or thin cut pork chops can be used for this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 4 oz pork chop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 988mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 35g