A friend of mine recently made Spinach Lasagna for an event and it was so good I thought I should make it at home too! Surprisingly, the kids ate some as well… along with the leftover plain noodles! This lasagna is pretty simple to put together but it makes a ton so be prepared to have it for days or share with a crowd.
How to make Spinach Lasagna
First, you are going to prep all of your layers: cook the lasagna, make the cheese mixture and prep the spinach/sauce mixture. Cook the lasagna according to the package being sure to leave it al dente so it doesn’t get mushy after being baked. Then, combine the cottage cheese, ricotta cheese and italian seasoning or pasta sprinkle (we used this one from Penzey’s– I love their spices!). Cook and drain as much water out of your spinach as possible and then combine it with your favorite pasta sauce. Then, you are ready to go!
For this recipe I used my favorite casserole dish. I start with a little bit of sauce under the first layer of noodles. Then, I do the cheese mixture and top with spinach/sauce mixture. Repeat this 2 more times for a total of 3 filling layers. You will need about 15 lasagna noodles depending on the size pan you use. After that top with a little sauce and the shredded cheese.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 35-50 minutes or until sauce is bubbling around edges. Let cool for a couple minutes before you dig in. Serve and enjoy!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more delicious dishes like this one? Try our Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta, Easy Homemade Meat Sauce, Simple Mediterranean Orzo Salad, Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce, Citrus Chicken Pasta, Italian Pasta Salad, Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Homemade Macaroni and Cheese, Easy Homemade Pasta Carbonara, Broccoli Cheese Soup or Sausage Casserole!
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning or Pasta sprinkle
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 lb lasagna noodles (15-20 depending on the size of your pan)
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach
- 8 oz shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package. Be sure to leave them al dente.
- Cook spinach according to package and drain out as much water as possible by squeezing out with towel.
- Combine sauce and spinach.
- Combine Italian seasoning with cottage cheese and ricotta cheese.
- In casserole dish, put a small amount of sauce on bottom of pan before noodles.
- Layer noodles, 1/3 cheese mixture, 1/4 sauce mixture. Repeat 2 more times.
- Top the last layer of noodles with remaining sauce and shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-50 minutes or until bubbling around the edges.
- Let cool for a few minutes, slice and serve. Enjoy!
Lasanga can be made in 2 8x8 pans so one can be frozen for another time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 25g