Making the switch to a gluten-free and dairy-free lifestyle is not easy. No matter why you made the switch this list Stocking Your Fridge: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free will hopefully help you out. These are some of my personal favorites and items I buy over and over again.
Need to stock your pantry next? Check out our Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Pantry Staples for more of my favorites!
When this post was written all items were gluten-free and dairy-free however always double check the labels to be sure!
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Refrigerated Foods
- Non-Dairy Milk- I prefer unsweetened almond milk and unsweetened soy milk. Both of these options are great for smoothies, recipes, baking, and more.
- Daiya Cheddar Style Slices make a delicious grilled cheese, sandwich or quesadilla! In most grocery stores these can be found in the produce section along with other plant-based foods.
- VioLife and Follow Your Heart Shredded Cheese can be substituted into any recipe that you love that calls for cheese. As a bonus, it melts really well.
- Trader Joe’s Cashew Queso Dip is delicious! It is made from cashews, potatoes and seasoning. Use it for taco night or with chips.
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Cream Cheese is another favorite! Not only does it taste very similar to regular cream cheese but it is about half the price of other dairy-free cream cheese options.
- Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Tabbouleh is a fun snack. Cauliflower replaces the couscous in a traditional tabbouleh recipe.
- Siete Chickpea Flour Tortillas are one of my favorite when it comes to gluten-free tortillas. They have a good texture and hold together better than some gluten-free options.
- Sweet Loren’s Cookie Dough is a delicious gluten-free and dairy-free refrigerated cookie dough. I keep these on hand for when I want to bake a couple of cookies at a time. The chocolate chunk and fudgy brownie are my favorite flavors. They also come in oatmeal cranberry and sugar cookie doughs.
- Country Crock Plant Based Butter is always on hand. I keep the sticks for baking and the tub style for other uses.
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Frozen Foods
- Daiya Chocolate Fudge Crunch Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert Bars are a great alternative to ice cream. They are coated in chocolate and have pumpkin seeds added for a little crunch.
- Daiya Pizza comes in many different flavors and while they are not exactly like regular pizza they are very close. These are good for a quick meal.
- Hash browns for an easy breakfast or side dish to a meal. Most should be gluten and dairy free but always check the label.
- Canyon Bakehouse Gluten-Free Bread and Bagels are great for toast or sandwiches. This can also be found with the regular bread if you prefer your bread not to be frozen.
Did we miss any of your favorites? If so, let us know in the comments so we can try them. Be sure to check back for new additions to this list as I find more items to recommend.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!