These Strawberry Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins are so delicious! Loaded with banana, dark chocolate chips and dried strawberries they are sure to be hit. We made a batch and had them for breakfast all week. This recipe is a slight variation on our Banana Bread recipe.
Special ingredients for this recipe
A few specific ingredients will make these Strawberry Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins extra delicious!
- Dark Chocolate Chips– I used the dark chocolate chips from Enjoy Life (they carry this brand at our grocery stores). I like that their chocolate chips don’t contain any unnecessary ingredients. Plus, if you have someone in your family with a food allergy their products are great! If you can’t find Enjoy Life or don’t like dark chocolate any chocolate chips will work.
- Dried Strawberries- These can be found in the grocery store either with the dried fruit or in the produce department. If you can’t find them fresh strawberries can be substituted (make sure to slice them thin).
And, of course, bananas. If you have been following us for a while you know I always have a bin of frozen bananas in my freezer. Here’s How to Store Ripe Bananas so you can start your own stash!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out our Bacon and Cheese Quiche, Banana Bread, Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal, Banana Scones, Sour Cream Coffee Cake, Strawberry Smoothie Bowl, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Scones, Dark Chocolate Walnut Biscotti, Autumn Harvest Juice, Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats, Peanut Butter Banana Acai Bowl, Delicious Homemade Dark Chocolate Coconut Granola, and Breakfast Quinoa Egg Casserole for more breakfast ideas.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 oz dried strawberries (or 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar and coconut oil.
- Add in eggs. Stir until well combined.
- Add 1 cup of flour and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Add in half of the mashed bananas. Stir to combine.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5.
- Stir in most of the chocolate chips and dried strawberries.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 greased or paper lined muffin cups.
- Top muffins with remaining chocolate chips and strawberries. Be sure to push the strawberries most of the way into the muffins so they don't burn.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
Originally published June 19, 2019 and updated on July 6, 2020.