Sweet and Salty Air Fryer Rainbow Carrots make for a delicious and easy side dish to any meal. Cooking the carrots in the air fryer makes them caramelized on the outside which brings out the sweetness of the carrots.
This recipe can be made with regular carrots but rainbow carrot make it look extra fancy! We got our small rainbow carrots from Trader Joe’s.
How to Cook Carrots in the Air Fryer
Cooking carrots in the air fryer is simple and gives the carrots a delicious caramelized outside. Before starting to prep the carrots, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. To make carrots in the air fryer, start by peeling the carrots. Many varieties of rainbow carrots will come already peeled so you can skip this step. Then, toss with the olive oil and seasoning.
Next, place the carrots in the air fryer basket or tray. If using a flat tray go ahead and line with aluminum foil to make clean up easier. Do not use foil in the basket since it will restrict the air flow.
Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your carrots and the size of your air fryer. Check carrots in ten minute intervals and toss or rotate carrots halfway through cooking. Once cooked until tender (or easily pierced with a fork) remove from air fryer and serve.
Recipes to Pair with Air Fryer Carrots
This side dish would pair great with the following recipes:
- Pork and Brown Rice Meatballs
- Easy Crock Pot Beef and Beer
- Quick and Easy Turkey Meatloaf
- Simple Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Easy Homemade Chicken Tenders
- Turkey Zucchini Meatballs
- Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Gluten-Free Oven Baked Almond Crusted Chicken
- Crock Pot Orange Chicken
Frequently Asked Questions
It may seem that they would be, however they are about the same. The difference is the nutrients and vitamins that are found in the different colors!
Most grocery stores and farmers markets will carry rainbow carrots in some size. The carrots used for this recipe were found at Trader Joe’s.
If they do not come already peeled I recommend washing and peeling them before cooking.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
These Sweet and Salty Air Fryer Rainbow Carrots make a perfect side dish! Looking for more side dish ideas? Try our Homemade French Onion Soup, Family Style Bacon and Cheese Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Very Berry Spinach Applesauce, Easy Oven Baked Zucchini Chips, Simple Black Beans, Crock Pot Baked Potatoes, Sweet Fried Plantains, Homemade Sausage Stuffing and Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad.
- 1 lb small rainbow carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- If carrots are not already peeled, peel carrots.
- Toss carrots in olive oil, ginger, salt and pepper until coated well.
- Place in air fryer basket or on air fryer tray (line tray with aluminum foil) and cook in air fryer for 20 minutes. Rotate carrots and cook again for 10-20 minutes or until able to pierce with a fork. **Due to varying cook times and carrot sizes check carrots every 10 minutes to avoid burning.
- Once carrots are tender and have started to get golden remove from air fryer and serve.
Due to varying cook times and carrot sizes check carrots every 10 minutes to avoid burning.
Use regular carrots for this recipe as well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 101Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 647mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 1g