This Sweet and Savory Sweet Potato Hash is delicious and great to have during the colder months. Make this meal in one pan and save yourself some dishes! Sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, apples and sausage… what more could you ask for?
How to make Sweet and Savory Sweet Potato Hash
The first step to this recipe is peeling and chopping your sweet potatoes, then trimming and quartering your Brussels sprouts. I like to trim the end off of my Brussels sprouts and remove a couple of the outside leaves before I quarter them. See our How to Clean and Cut Brussels Sprouts post if you need more information on preparing brussels sprouts. Toss the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts in the olive oil, salt, pepper and sage.
If using uncooked sausage links, add them to the pan with the vegetables right away. If using pre-cooked sausage then can be added with the apples. (We used Boar’s Head Chicken Sausage that was pre-cooked.) Roast them in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Then, core and chop your apples into bite-sized pieces and then add them to the roasted vegetables when the 20 minute timer goes off. Give them a good stir around the pan. Return the pan to the oven and continue to roast about 15 minutes or until all vegetables and apples are tender.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you like this recipe, try our Feta Turkey Burgers with Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries, Garlic Broccoli Lo Mein, Polynesian Power Grain Bowl, Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas, Turkey Meatloaf, Lemon Chicken Orzo, Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken, Homemade Sausage Stuffing, Chili Mac and Cheese, Turkey Lasagna Soup, Crock Pot Pasta Sauce and Italian Sausage Orzo.
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp dried or rubbed sage
- 2-3 sweet apples (I used 2 large gala apples), cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1-2 pounds of sausage links
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine your sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, olive, salt, pepper and sage on a large baking sheet and toss to coat. (If using raw sausage links, add them to the baking sheet!)
- Bake vegetables in oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add apples to your vegetables. Toss around and return to oven for 15 minutes or until all vegetables and apples are tender (and sausage is cooked thoroughly if added to pan). Now is when to add pre-cooked sausage to the pan to heat them up.
- Remove pan from the oven. If desire, slice sausages and stir in. Then, serve the vegetables and apples with a serving of sausage.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you prefer ground sausage, cook separately on the stove then stir into cooked vegetables and apples.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 1021mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g
This post was originally published February 20, 2019 and updated November 9, 2020.