This Three Bean Turkey Chili is super satisfying and filling! It is loaded with three types of beans, peppers, onions and tons of seasoning for lots of flavor. Top with some shredded cheddar and serve with chips for a delicious meal.
How to make Three Bean Turkey Chili
This recipe is fast enough to have for a week night meal however the longer you can simmer it the more flavor it will have. To make chili, start by chopping up the onion and red bell pepper. Then, in a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onions and cook about 5 minutes.
Next, add ground turkey and break into small pieces while cooking. Once turkey is browned add remaining ingredients and cover. Bring to a simmer then lower heat and let simmer 45-60 minutes. Serve your chili as is or top with cheese and serve with tortilla chips.
How to store leftover chili
Leftover chili can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container and should be used within 5 days. Use it over pasta, rice, baked potatoes, etc! The chili will reheat well and have even more flavor as it sits. I am not sure if this recipe will freeze well, however if you try it please let us know in the comments below!
Pin image for later:
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more delicious meal recipes? Be sure to check out our Turkey Zucchini Meatballs, Turkey Meatloaf, Cheddar Grits with Black Beans, Spinach Lasagna, Italian Sausage Orzo, Butternut Squash Risotto with Bacon, Hamburg Soup, Lemon Grilled Chicken, Shepherd’s Pie, Black Bean Quinoa Burgers, BBQ Chicken Salad, Sweet and Savory Sweet Potato Hash, Crock Pot Chuck Roast with Potatoes, and Lasagna Soup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can small red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/ tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Tortilla chips, optional
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Chop onion and peppers.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add onions and peppers and cook 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until browned while breaking it up into small pieces.
- Add crushed tomatoes, beans, chili powder, cumin, pepper and garlic salt.
- Cover and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, lower heat and cook for 30-40 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips if desired.
Add any toppings you desire such as cheddar cheese, chips, or sour cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 470Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 80mgSodium 1171mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 13gSugar 11gProtein 33g