Three Cheese Stuffed Shells are cheesy, creamy and smothered in sauce. This recipe is simple to make and can easily be doubled. Read on for tips on how to freeze these stuffed shells as well!
How to make Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
This recipe is easy to put together! First, cook the shells according to the package. Make sure to not over cook them so they are easy to handle and do not fall apart when filling. While the shells cook, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Once shells are done cooking, rinse with cool water to make them easy to handle. Before you start to fill the shells, grease a casserole dish or 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray. Pour 1/3 of the sauce into pan and spread around. Fill shells with cheese filling using a spoon and place into pan. Be sure to put the shells in single layer. Cover in remaining sauce and top with shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Remove from oven and serve. Add bread and salad for a delicious meal.
To freeze these stuffed shells complete all steps but do not put in the oven. Cover with plastic wrap tightly and place in freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, bake at 350 degrees from frozen until bubbling and melty, about 1 hour.
I like to make a double batch when I make this recipe to freeze half for another meal that I just pull out and put in the oven. One mess for two meals!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to try our Easy Roasted Potatoes, Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob, Chili Mac and Cheese, Tomato Basil Pasta Salad, Homemade Macaroni and Cheese, Italian Sausage Orzo, Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Lasagna, Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta, Easy Homemade Meat Sauce, Simple Mediterranean Orzo Salad, Citrus Chicken Pasta, Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce, Italian Pasta Salad, Sausage Casserole and Spinach Lasagna.
- 1 lb jumbo pasta shells, uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 32 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jar pasta sauce, your favorite
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, cook pasta shells according to package. Do not over cook because they will cook more in the oven. Once they are cooked drain and rinse with cool water.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan or casserole dish with non stick spray. Pour 1/3 of the jar of sauce in bottom of pan. Spread to cover bottom of pan.
- Fill the shells with the cheese filling using a spoon. Place into pan. Shells can be touching but only make a single layer.
- Once shells are all filled, top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Shells can be frozen before baking. Simply cover the baking dish in plastic wrap tightly and freeze for up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 489Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 666mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 33g