Tomatoes, basil, feta, pine nuts, balsamic and olive oil… what more could you want? This Tomato Basil Pasta Salad is light and refreshing! Enjoy it as a meal on its own or have it as a side dish! We added some grilled chicken and spinach salad to this pasta salad and had the perfect filling meal.
Ingredients in Tomato Basil Pasta Salad
This pasta salad could not be easier to put together. Simply chop up your tomatoes and basil. Cook the pasta and throw everything in a bowl together! If you have time let it chill in the refrigerator and if not no worries.
The ingredients in this salad are:
- Cherry Tomatoes: look for ones that are bright red and firm for the best flavor.
- Feta Cheese: found in the deli or dairy section, this cheese can be bought crumbled or in block form.
- Pine Nuts: these are the most tricky of ingredients to fine. They should be located in the produce or Italian section of your grocery store.
- Basil: fresh will bring the most flavor to this pasta salad. Be sure to find fresh basil that is bright green and not wilted.
- Balsamic Vinegar: this an be found near the other vinegars and olive oils.
Aside from those ingredients you will need pasta, any kind that is your favorite, olive oil, salt and pepper!
How to store pasta salad
This pasta salad can be made when ready to eat or the day before. I personally prefer a chilled pasta salad but it is not a requirement. This pasta salad should be stored in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. It should hold up well for 2-4 days depending on the freshness of the tomatoes and basil. Do not freeze this pasta salad.
Pin for later:
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our Easy Homemade Pasta Carbonara, Easy Roasted Potatoes, Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob, Chili Mac and Cheese, Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze, Sausage Casserole, Spinach Feta Quiche, Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce, Kale Lemonade, Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl, Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salsa, Tropical Salsa, Lemon Butter Shrimp and Pasta, and Citrus Chicken Pasta.
- 1 lb rotelle pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and let cool.
- While pasta is cooking, chop tomatoes and basil.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well to combine. Season as desired with salt and pepper.
- Pasta salad can be served immediately or chilled in the refrigerator before eating.
If you do not like feta cheese, substitute your favorite cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1/6th recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 191Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 22mgSodium 283mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 6g