These Turkey Bulgogi Meatballs are coated in a soy and sesame sauce. Serve them with rice and vegetables for a delicious meal or they make a perfect appetizer on their own!
How to make Turkey Bulgogi Meatballs
This recipe is pretty simple to make! First, to make the meatballs, combine turkey, panko breadcrumbs, egg, pepper and ginger. Roll meatballs into bite-sized balls. Heat a frying pan over medium/high heat. Spray with non-stick spray and add meatballs. Cook and turn frequently. Meatballs should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
While the meatballs cook, combine soy sauce (be sure to get the low sodium), sesame oil, and brown sugar. Whisk well and add to pan with meatballs once they are cooked thoroughly. Let simmer 3-5 minutes and move around meatballs to coat in the sauce. Remove from heat and add sesame seeds.
Serve with rice and steamed vegetables or as appetizer and enjoy!
For behind the scenes looks at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
If you enjoy this recipe be sure to try our Three Bean Turkey Chili, Turkey Lasagna Soup, Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs, Turkey Stuffed Peppers, Feta Turkey Burgers with Carrot and Sweet Potato Fries, Turkey Sloppy Joes, Turkey Meatloaf, Carrot Ginger Soup, Black and Green Olive Tapenade, Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze, Homemade Chicken Tenders and Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1/4 tsp dried ginger
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Combine turkey, panko breadcrumbs, egg,pepper and ginger. Mix well. Form into bite-sized meatballs, approximately 20-25 meatballs.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat and coat with non stick spray. Add meatballs and cook turning frequently until cooked through. Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.
- While meatballs cook, combine soy sauce, sesame oil and brown sugar.
- Once meatballs are cooked through add sauce and let simmer for 3-5 minutes. move around meatballs to coat in sauce.
- Turn of heat and add sesame seeds.
- Serve as is as an appetizer or serve over rice with steamed vegetables.
Ground beef or chicken can be substituted for turkey.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 531Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 1966mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 35g