These Quinoa Turkey Stuffed Peppers are delicious and stuffed with quinoa, cheese, turkey, sauce and seasoned with Italian seasoning. All you need is 20 minutes to put together the filling and then the oven will do the rest of the work for you!
Ingredients for Quinoa Turkey Stuffed Peppers
These Quinoa Turkey Stuffed Peppers are a perfect family friendly meal! The rich filling makes for a satisfying meal. For this recipe you will need:
- bell peppers
- olive oil
- lean ground turkey
- parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- cooked quinoa
- tomato sauce
- mozzarella cheese
How to Make Quinoa Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Before making the filling, prepare the peppers to be stuffed. Wash, cut in half and remove the seeds. Then place them in a greased baking dish. You can use green, yellow, red, or orange peppers. Large bell peppers will allow for more filling to be added.
Next, heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Then, add the ground turkey and cook until browned. While that is browning, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, sauce, italian seasoning, salt, pepper and cooked quinoa. Once the turkey is browned, add to the breadcrumb mixture.
Divide the breadcrumb mixture among peppers. Add water to the bottom of the baking dish and cover with foil. Bake the peppers at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
After 35 minutes, remove the peppers from the oven and uncover. Top with cheese and sauce and return to the oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to brown. Once cheese is melted and starting to brown remove from oven, serve and enjoy! Check out these delicious side dishes to pair with your stuffed bell peppers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, all that needs to be changed for this recipe to be gluten free is the breadcrumbs. Substitute your favorite gluten free breadcrumbs in this recipe and if needed add some extra seasoning. Quinoa is a gluten free grain so that can stay!
To make these dairy free use your favorite dairy free parmesan and mozzarella alternatives or simply skip the cheese! This recipe will come out just as great without the added dairy.
No, go ahead and use your favorite ground meat for this recipe. Ground beef or chicken will also make this recipe taste great.
Leftovers should be allowed to cool completely and then stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Leftovers should be finished within 5 days.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Like this recipe for Quinoa Turkey Stuffed Peppers? Be sure to check out Beef and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers, Three Bean Turkey Chili, Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas, Crock Pot Chuck Roast with Potatoes, Turkey Lasagna Soup, Fried Eggplant with Arugula Caprese Salad, Basil Parmesan Risotto, Simple Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata, Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Lasagna, Garlic Broccoli Lo Mein, Cauliflower Pizza Crust, and Turkey Zucchini Meatballs.
- 4 bell peppers, any color
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup tomato sauce, for topping
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash peppers, cut in half and remove seeds. Place in a greased baking dish.
- Heat olive in a small pan. Once warm, brown turkey in the saute pan over medium heat.
- While turkey is browning, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, 1 1/2 cups sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and quinoa. Once turkey is cooked add to filling mixture.
- Divide filling among 8 peppers.
- Add about a half cup of water to bottom of baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake peppers at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Remove peppers from oven and uncover. Top each pepper with about a tablespoon of sauce. Then, top with cheese.
- Return peppers to oven and bake about 15 more minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to brown.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
Turkey can be substituted for beef or chicken, however nutrition info will be affected.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 841mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 25g