This Vegan Pumpkin Cashew Alfredo Sauce is full of cheesy and garlicky flavor without any of the cheese. Toss this sauce over some pasta or vegetables and enjoy! This is one recipe that shouldn’t be limited to fall and winter.
Ingredients for Vegan Pumpkin Cashew Alfredo Sauce
Some vegan recipes include hard to find “weird” ingredients. I kept this one to easy to find ingredients and also pantry staples for most vegans! Here’s what you’ll need:
- raw cashews
- canned pumpkin
- unsweetened non-dairy milk
- nutritional yeast
- dried sage, salt and pepper
This sauce is bursting with “cheesy” and garlicky flavor that would pair well with chicken, vegetables, pasta, and more.
Here are some other serving suggestions:
- Put sauce over pasta and serve Easy Air Fryer Green Beans as a side dish for a delicious vegan meal
- Pour sauce over baked chicken and serve with Family Style Bacon and Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Frequently Asked Questions
A food processor or a blender is required to get this sauce smooth.
Store this sauce in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 7 days! Heat the sauce as you need it.
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more sauce recipes? Try our Easy Homemade Meat Sauce, Healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce, Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce and Crock Pot Pasta Sauce. For other vegan recipes check out Homemade Cilantro Lime Rice, Sweet and Salty Air Fryer Rainbow Carrots, Pumpkin Risotto, One Pot Carrot Rice Soup, Simple Black Beans, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dessert Hummus and Chickpea and Black Eyed Peas Salsa.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, (almond, soy, etc.)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- Put cashews into a cup of hot water and let soak for 15 minutes.
- Once cashews have soaked, drain and add along with all ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth stopping frequently to scrape down the sides.
- Heat sauce in the microwave or on the stove pot in a small pan when ready to use.
- Store sauce in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 7 days.
To make sauce thinner or thicker adjust the amount of almond milk used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 412mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g