This Vegan 7 Layer Mexican Dip is so delicious it is sure to fool everyone! No one will be able to tell the difference between the vegan version of this and the traditional. Serve this dip with vegetables and/or tortilla chips for the perfect appetizer or snack.
Ingredients in Vegan 7 Layer Mexican Dip
This recipe requires a good amount of ingredients however they are all simple ingredients. You may even already have most of these ingredients on hand. You will need:
- vegan refried beans
- vegan cream cheese
- taco seasoning
- homemade or store bought guacamole
- vegan shredded cheddar cheese
Aside from these ingredients, you will need a couple of small mixing bowls and an 8×8 dish to build the dip in.
How to make Vegan 7 Layer Mexican Dip
First, gather your ingredients and dish that you will be using for the dip. Then, in a small mixing bowl, empty the can of refried beans and stir them to soften them. Then, spread the refried beans in the bottom of your dish.
Next, in another mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, 1 tbsp of salsa and taco seasoning. Stir well to combine then spread on top of refried beans. Then, top with guacamole and spread evenly. Next, add the layer of salsa and spread well. If desired, drain some of the liquid out of the salsa to keep it thicker. Finally, top with shredded lettuce, sliced olives, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced tomatoes.
Either serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. Dip should be eaten within 3 days.
More Game Day Recipe Suggestions
- Dairy-Free Queso with Ground Chicken
- Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Crock Pot 3-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Easy Oven Baked Zucchini Chips
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Tropical Salsa
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! This dip is gluten-free. Be sure to get gluten-free chips or crackers to serve with it or just use vegetables to dip!
This dip should be made only a few hours ahead of when you plan to serve it. I would recommend 4 hours at the max so that the lettuce doesn’t wilt.
That depends on how much taco seasoning and what heat level of salsa and guacamole you use. If you prefer it not spicy be sure to get the mild version of salsa and guacamole and use taco seasoning. For a spicier dip, get the hot salsa and guacamole and even add some hot sauce!
For a behind the scenes look at Return to the Kitchen, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest! Also, if you make this recipe or any of our recipes be sure to tag us @returntothekitchen!
Looking for more easy vegan recipes? Try our Vegan Pumpkin Cashew Alfredo Sauce, Homemade Cilantro Lime Rice, Sweet and Salty Air Fryer Rainbow Carrots, Pumpkin Risotto, Simple Black Beans, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dessert Hummus, Chickpea and Black Eyed Peas Salsa, Homemade Salsa Verde with Pineapple, Apple Berry and Acai Smoothie, Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salsa and Sweet Fried Plantains.
- 1 can vegan refried beans
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese, softened
- packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole (store bought or homemade)
- 1 cup 1 tbsp salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- Gather your ingredients and dish that you will be using for the dip. An 8x8 dish works best for this recipe. To make a 9x13 pan the recipe should be doubled.
- In a small mixing bowl, empty the can of refried beans and stir to soften them. Spread the refried beans in the bottom of the dish.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, 1 tbsp of salsa and taco seasoning (add slowly to reach desired flavor). Stir well to combine then spread on top of refried beans.
- Top with guacamole and spread evenly.
- Add the layer of salsa and spread well. If desired, drain some of the liquid out of the salsa to keep it thicker.
- Top with shredded lettuce, sliced olives, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced tomatoes.
- Either serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. Refrigerate for about 1 hour to chill ingredients thoroughly if desired.
Dip should be eaten within 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 625mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g